CDN (Content Delivery Network) emerge in a new way among bloggers since the new ranking policy of Google. When I see a result of year back only a popular blog and website use CDN to load their website fast to increase their potential among the users. Now the things are changed. Most blogger are trying to load their website as faster as they can. CDN is the perfect solution for it. CDN simply refers as content delivery network or content distribution network is a system where all your files will be in different nodes of networks. Therefore the user can get the files from the nearest node of where they are surfing. Its been a while since I am using Maxcdn and I am able to achieve the tremendous output as my blog load far more faster than before. Therefore in this tutorial I am demonstrating the way to setup Maxcdn for your wordpress blog. Before getting started make sure you have brought Maxcdn service and you have install W3 total cache plug-in.
Create pull zone in Maxcdn
2. After the process you are going to see the screen with form like below screenshot where you have to fill the following information.
Pullzonename: Name of the zonename it can be anything your blog name, your name. The name should be without space. Its pretty much same like username feild.
Origin Server Url: Its the URL of your blog
Custom CDN domain: Custom cdn domain for branding purpose. eg cdn.freshtutorial.com.
Label: Anything that describe the zones.
Compression: Enabling this will helps to save bandwidth on your account by compressing the file
Configure your cname record
1. You have to create CNAME record by logging into your cpanel. Go to your domain section then click on simple dns editor. (Note: All the hosting provider doesn’t provide to add cname record. In such case Please write email to your hosting provide to add CNAME which they do it by themselves.
2. Add CNAME record including following feild
Name: Give the Custom CDN domain that you have given while creating pull zone.
CNAME: The original url of your CDN network.
In simple language it will redirect your long url into your custom CDN subdomain.
Configure CDN is w3 total cache plugin
1. Go to general setting of w3 total cache plugin. Scroll down and search for content delivery network enable the CDN and choose CDN type as mirror
2. Now go to CDN from w3total cache plugin on configuration section give your Custom cdn domain name test mirror to see whether its working or not and save it. (Please note that if you have just create CNAME record it may takes sometimes to take effect so be patient),
Conclusion: After following all these steps CDN will be setup for your wordpress blog. To check whether the cdn is working or not check the image file of your wordpress blog. There must be Custom CDN name that you have given while creating pullzone. After the use of CDN there must be massive improvement in your website in terms of speed, search engine optimization and user engagement.