Adding meta tag in blogger blog is an effective way to drive traffic to your blog. Meta tag is a piece of information that helps to delivered information of your webpage to the search engine. Meta tag are the tags that tells the search engine what your website or blog is about. You must be familiar with the certain information like meta keyword and meta description before adding meta tag in your blog.
Meta keyword helps to describe the content of your website. Basically you can use the keyword that is related to the topic of your blog and the same keyword shouldn’t be repeated for 3 times.
Meta description helps describe your blog. Meta description will always show in various search engine just below the search result of your website. Therefore meta description of your websites shouldn’t exceed more than 150 character. The exceed letter more than 150 words will be cropped by the search engine and only use the first few line to describe your blog which might affect your search engine ranking
How to add meta keyword and description in blogger.
1. Log in into blogger.com
2. Click on layout and edit HTML
4) Place the following code just below it. ( Note: if you have implemented the title hack in your blog place this code just after that hack)
<link href='mailto:Your_Email_Address' rev='made'/> <b:if cond='data:blog.url == data:blog.homepageUrl'> <meta content='Your keywords separated by commas' name='keywords'/> <meta content='Your Site Description' name='description'/> </b:if> <meta content='Your_Name' name='author'/> <meta content='ALL' name='ROBOTS'/>
- Replace Your_Email_Address with your Email Address.
- Replace Your keywords separated by commas with your site’s keywords.
- Replace Your Site Description with a good description of your site.
- Replace Your_Name with your Name
5) Now save your blogger template
How to add meta tag for your seperate blog post
Paste this code just below the meta tag we have just added. Use the same format for your each blog post.
<b:if cond='data:blog.url == "http://greenflushdemo.blogspot.com/2010/04/just-title.html"'> <meta content='add meta tag,optimize blogspot,meta tags for blogger' name='keywords'/> <meta content='This is just a sample of description.' name='description'/> </b:if>
- Change the url with the url of your blog post
- Change the keyword with the keyword of your blog post
- change the description with the description of your blog post